Question about signals

From: Shanker Vidyashanker (shanker_at_BayNetworks.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 19:00:29 BST

Hi

I just joined this mailing list so please excuse me if this is a often
repeated question.  I recently started using Ups and love it.   I have a
problem with signals.  The application that I am debugging has a timer
function that generates a SIG_ALARM.  I can set a breakpoint, reach it, and
step within a function.  However, when I try to step into a child function,
I end up in the service routine for the SIG_ALARM.

I expanded the Signals captions and set SIG_ALARM to ignore.  I even tried
setting all signals to Ignore.  However, I still continue to see SIGALRM
and continue to be dropped into the service routine when I step into a
function.  My system is a Sun Ultra 5 which is a Solaris machine.  I have
included the uname description below.

 % uname -a
SunOS chosn1 5.5.1 Generic_105428-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10

Also, are there any keyboard accelerators in Ups?  I was looking for a way
to use Page Up and Page Down for the source window.

Thanks
Routing Platform Division
BL3-02, 3 Federal St., Billerica, MA 01821
ph:  978 916 4473
fax: 978 670 8154
personal mail: shanker_at_ma.ultranet.com