Re: Problems compiling ups3.34 on solaris 2.7

From: Russell Browne (russ_at_amc.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 00:47:13 BST

    > Hello
    >
    > I have just downloaded the zipped version of ups3.34.
    > I unzipped it and now I am trying to compile it on a solaris 2.7 machine.
    >

    > I am using gcc version 2.7.2
    >
    > Any ideas what I am doing wrong...
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Nisha Agarwal

    Gcc 2.7 and earlier have trouble with ups.

    If possible, use gcc 2.8, or the native solaris compiler.

    If you have the Sunpro C++ compiler ( SC4 or SC5), use the C
    compiler bundled with that compiler.  While it makes no difference
    for UPS 3.34, building UPS 3.35 (coming soon) with the Sunpro compiler will
    give better name demangling for SunPro executables than building
    with other compilers.

    Russ Browne
    Applied MicroSystems Corp.