Re: Cannot see any "type" in ups

From: Russell Browne (russ_at_amc.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 00:07:41 GMT

> Hello,
>
> We have switched the compiler for our code from SUN WS 4.0 to SUN WS 5.0.
> Everything used to work fine in ups with 4.0
> However, with 5.0, if I click on any variable to see its values, ups cannot
> resolve the variable type and says (in assumed). This happens even if the
> type of the variable is int.
>
> Can anybody help me with this.
>
> Regards,
> Nisha Agarwal

I'm assuming this is the compiler also known as SC5.0, or as SunPro5, and
that you are running on Solaris.  Which version of Solaris?

Are you using the most recent release of UPS?  Version 3.35 was released
in September and is supposed to support SC5.

If so, could you send me a short example that illustrates the problem.
Send both source and the compiled executable (as a uuencode file).
I'll see if I can find something.

Russ Browne
Applied MicroSystems