Re: ups for Linux 7.1?

From: John Utz (john_at_utzweb.net)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 16:45:56 BST

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Charles Read wrote:

> >The patch hasn't been tested on large applications yet.  There may
> >well be more changes in the debug information that a large app would
> >uncover.
>

>   Does the ups project not have a precise statement on what changes
> have been made to the gcc debug information from the gcc guys themselves??
>
> Thought all that secrecy was done by Microsoft :)

there is no secrecy. it's just that gcc/stabs is a moving target. one has
to budget time to read the right list. hell. one has to budget time to
figure out *which* list is the right list!

and then there is the time involved in mastering stabs.

and then there is the time involved in testing improvements on diverse
platforms.

it's my hope that i can figure out which list i need to read and keep
track of it and try and generate some 'stablets' for using for checkin
acceptance tests.

but this is pure absolute vapor at this point. :-(

--

John L. Utz III
john_at_utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life