Fix for Red Hat 7.0, multiple defined demangler for 3.37-beta2

From: Rod Armstrong (rod_at_san-jose.tt.slb.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 18:26:56 BST

    	I received a minor fix for Red Hat 7.0 (don't know what gcc version)
    from Les Hatton <lesh_at_oakcomp.co.uk>. The fix is in ups/ao_symscan.c,
    parse_number(). At line 630 for 3.36, or line 595 for 3.37-beta2,
    just below the "s = get_cont_symstring(sr);" line, insert

    /*--------------------------------------------------------------------
     *	For some reason, Red Hat 7.0 inserts a ';' in between the entries
     *	being parsed.  This just bumps past it if its present.
     *	Les Hatton, lesh_at_oakcomp.co.uk., 6/Feb/2001.
     */
    	if (*s == ';')
    	{
    	  bump_str(sr, &s);
    	}
    /*--------------------------------------------------------------------*/

    	There is also a fix for cplus_demangle multiply defined with
    3.37-beta2, thanks to Russell Browne <russ_at_amc.com>:

    > The solaris demangling library, libdemangle.a, defines the same
    > named routine, which we use to get the vendor supplied demangler
    > for the Sunpro compilers. If you compile ups with Sunpro
    > this symbol comes up multiply defined.
    >
    > My solution, in the libgnu directory is:
    >
    > In ups-if.c:
    >
    >     Remove gnu_cplus_demangle and surrounding comments.
    >
    > In config.h
    >     At the end of the file add:
    >
    > /*
    > **   cpus_demangle() is the name of the SunPRO demangler supplied with
    > **   the SunPRO compiler.  To prevent name collisions, we rename
    > **   the gnu routine to gnu_cplus_demangle. (RCB)
    > */
    > #define cplus_demangle gnu_cplus_demangle

    	I saw this comment in comp.sys.sun.admin and comp.unix.solaris

    >  From: Jonathan Abbey (broccol_at_arlut.utexas.edu)
    >  Subject: Re: Where do I get DBX from???
    >  Newsgroups: comp.sys.sun.admin, comp.unix.solaris
    >  Date: 2001-08-06 14:35:06 PST
    >

    > In article <tmlh1tpkbf175f_at_corp.supernews.com>,
    > David <dgutierr27_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
    > | I am having a hard time finding the DBX debugger for Solaris 2.6.  Is it
    > | available for free or do I have to purchase it?  If so, where do I get it
    > | from?
    >
    > There is also the surpassingly excellent (and tragically
    > under-publicized) UPS graphical debugger at
    > http://www.concerto.demon.co.uk/UPS/.  It is a far richer graphical
    > debugger than any graphic frontend for dbx or gdb.
    >
    > --
    > Jonathan Abbey                                        jonabbey_at_arlut.utexas.edu
    > Applied Research Laboratories                 The University of Texas at Austin
    > Ganymede, a GPL'ed metadirectory for UNIX     http://www.arlut.utexas.edu/gash2

    	In order the raise the "tragically under-publicized"
    state of ups, I updated the entry in http://freshmeat.net/projects/ups/
    with a screen shot and info on beta2. Feel free to vote or add comments -
    it currently has none.

    Rod Armstrong