Passing on the torch

From: Mark Russell (M.T.Russell_at_ukc.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 24 1998 - 09:50:34 BST

The time has come for me to pass on responsibility for maintaining
ups.  I've been unable to spend any time on it for the last couple of
years, and it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon.

As people will know, Rod Armstrong has been looking after ups for some
time, and he's kindly agreed to become the `official' maintainer.  I'm
very grateful to him for all the work he's done in the past, without
which ups would surely have died of neglect.

I have to admit to allowing a backlog of ups email to build up - my
apologies to people that are still waiting for replies from me!
From now on comments and bug reports about ups should be sent either
to the mailing list (ups-users_at_ukc.ac.uk) or to Rod.

Mark Russell