Re: Problems with UPS 3.33 and g++ V2.8.1

From: Russell Browne (russ_at_amc.com)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 20:32:22 GMT

I had a two problems with gcc 2.8.1.  Both occured on sunos
only ( not on solaris):

  Forward declarations of structures declared in another include
  file were not matched up with the full declaration of the structure.

  Code built with purify would crash ups.

Fixes to both of these will be in the next ups release.

Stu: If you can duplicate your crash in a simple example, send it to
me ( directly, not through the user group) and I'll see if I can find a fix.

Russ Browne
Applied MicroSystems Corp.