RE: UPS on dual monitor systems

From: Ted Richards (ted_at_isgtec.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 1999 - 19:01:23 BST

You can easily create multiple virtual screens using VNC
(http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/).  VNC allows you to set up a virtual
Unix display and display it on an arbitrary Unix/Windows/etc. machine. You
can simply set up several such displays and view them all from the same
monitor. This would be a good way to test multiple screens on a single
machine.

However this brings up a problem - VNC allows you to specify arbitrary
display numbers (I habitually use :3), so you should be able to specify any
screens for the split, not just :0 and :1.

--
Ted Richards

[Ian: Sorry for the double reply, I forgot to reply to all.]