RE: conditional breakpoints

From: cramos_at_col.net.co
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 07:45:21 GMT

    On 01-Nov-99 Ian Edwards wrote:

    > One solution is :
    >
    > 1) Start UPS as usual.
    > 2) Put a breakpoint at the beginning of the program.
    > 3) Press 'Start'.
    > 4) Add the other breakpoints.
    >
    > If you save and restore breakpoints between running UPS you will need to do :
    >
    > 1) Start UPS as usual.
    > 2) Put a breakpoint at the beginning of the program.
    > 3) Press 'Start'.
    > 4) Click on 'Breakpoints' in the upper window.
    > 5) Press 'Restore' to get your saved breakpoints restored.
    >
    > If you get "Indirect call failed in breakpoint code" and SEGV then :
    >
    > 1) Press 'Kill'.
    > 2) Select the breakpoint that failed and edit the routine name to
    >    another name, e.g. change "strcmp" to "strcpy" and press ESC.
    >    (You must use a routine name that will be found.)
    > 3) Edit the routine name back to what it should be and press ESC.
    > 4) Press 'Start'
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ian.

    Hello Ian

    I tried as you describe but no luck. It emits the warning "function xxxx
    appears more than once!" for any function in libc.so and when the program
    reaches the breakpoint invariably emits an "Indirect call failed in breakpoint
    code".
    I tried linking in strcmp.o from libc.a, with similar results.
    The libc I use is 5.4.33.

    Regards,
                    Camilo Ramos

    Camilo  Ramos
    Universidad Nacional de Colombia
    E-Mail: cramos_at_col.net.co
    Date: 02-Nov-99
    Time: 02:45:20

    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work she/he is
    supposed to be doing at the moment."
                             --Robert Benchley