Re: UPS 3.35 beta 10

From: Russell Browne (russ_at_amc.com)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 19:57:24 BST

Ray Bengen wrote:

> Compiling with Sun WorkShop 4.2 on Solaris 2.6.  I'm trying to compile this code
> as I am having a problem running with the released code on 2.6.  The problem
> I'm having is as follows.  I compile a simple C program using a linked library
> also compiled with C, and when I run the program I don't get any symbols on
> the screen.  If I select the source file directly, I get the source listing,
> but all breakpoints seem to happen elsewhere when executed.  I hope I've made
> myself clear.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanx in advance, Ray

Ray -

I  confused as to whether you are having trouble compiling UPS, or
whether UPS is not behaving correctly with your simple program,
or both.

I think the compile error can be worked around by setting the following
at about line 311 of /home/rbi/ups-3.35-beta10/ifdefs.h:

#define HAVE_SETLINEBUF_DECL    1

If, after building, UPS does not behave correctly, perhaps you can
send me enough material to duplicate the problem (source, compiled
libraries, etc.) and I'll look into it.

Russ Browne
Applied MicroSystems Corp.

PS - My reply directly to you at ray_at_bengen.com bounced back.  Is there
another email address where I can reach you?