Re: can ups be operated from the keyboard?

From: Callum Gibson (callum.gibson_at_db.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 02:09:11 BST

    john_at_utzweb.net writes:
    }oh, i am sorry i missed these. are they available when the cursor is in
    }the src window?

    The text just goes into the little typing window at the top which always
    has the focus. I assume you mean "mouse pointer" by "cursor" above?

    }my one irrational huge objection is the need to push any sort of meta key,
    }gotta be the straight key!

    Everyone has their "button" (no pun intended). So is a % prefix acceptable?
    It has to be something like this, because a straight word means ups tries
    to display the function or variable of that name.

    }oh, duh, i forgot about the M$FT model. use the func keys?

    You could do this with UPS_F?_STR environment variables (see the manpage).
    You'd need the % shortcuts first though...

    }> We could extend them to do other common functions. How about:
    }>
    }> %n	Next
    }> %s	Step
    }> %c	Continue
    }> %r	Run (Start)
    }> %e	Expand
    }> %q	quit
    }> %u	up
    }> %v	down (d already used, see below)

    So are these okay?

    (c)2001 Callum Gibson                       callum.gibson_at_db.com
    Global Markets IT, Deutsche Bank, Australia       61 2 9258 1620
    ### The opinions in this message are mine and not Deutsche's ###