re: can ups be operated from the keyboard?

From: Terry R. Friedrichsen (terry_at_uplift.sunquest.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 12:00:44 BST

    > my one irrational huge objection is the need to push any sort of meta key,
    > gotta be the straight key!

    Somewhat reluctantly, I'd have to agree with this.  Using control characters
    isn't too bad an alternative, but I would still prefer the single keystroke,
    while recognizing that one cannot always have everything ...

    One thing that hasn't been suggested is to use the keypad keys, a la the way
    some text editors work.

    So the keypad "0" key could be NEXT, for example, and the other keypad keys
    would perform other designated functions.

    Terry R. Friedrichsen

    terry_at_uplift.sunquest.com