Re: Bit field issues in Solaris 2.8

From: Tom Hughes (thh_at_cyberscience.com)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 07:01:46 BST

    In message <20030808003726.GB50957_at_merton.aus.deuba.com>
              Callum Gibson <callum.gibson_at_db.com> wrote:

    > On FreeBSD display/edit works fine. On Solaris, it displays zeroes and
    > just gobbles up all values when edited. However, the edited values are
    > stored because the printf shows correctly what was entered. This looks like
    > a problem that was introduced in 3.38b1 (our previous Solaris version was
    > 3.37) on Solaris (2.6 - the original poster was on 2.8). Perhaps an endian
    > problem?

    I suspect so, as I already told Steve. He says it is broken in 3.37 as
    well though, and my tests on Solaris tend to agree. I will try and look
    at this soon.

    Tom

    --
    Tom Hughes (thh_at_cyberscience.com)
    Software Engineer, Cyberscience Corporation