ups with Suse 8.1 gcc 3.2?

From: Daniel M. Quinlan (danq_at_brtt.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 16:40:12 GMT

    After loading a new Suse release, I found that ups no longer
    was able to find the source code to display, I presume
    because the symbol table format changed (or something of
    that nature).  I found ups-3.38-beta1 on the SourceForge
    web site and compiled and installed it, but it was worse:

    elbert% ups dbcp
    DWARF error :  dwarf_attr - no entry (DIE <3042><11>)
    DWARF error : attribute form not string - OK (DIE <3042><11>)
    Fatal error: segmentation fault.
    Dumping core ... Segmentation fault

    Is there any workaround (like getting gcc to return to
    the older symbol tables?)

    As a side issue, I wasn't able to find a version number for
    ups anywhere on the menu's.  Perhaps I just didn't know
    where to look, but that would seem to be a nice addition
    to the Help menu.

    Thanks,
    -- danq

     Daniel M. Quinlan                                   danq_at_brtt.com
     Boulder Real Time Technologies, Inc                  303/449-3229
     2045 Broadway Suite 400                          FAX 970/274-0096
     Boulder, CO  80302